Here’s a short 1 minute video showing how to make a pretty vegetable candle arrangement. These can serve as a beautiful display on their own or as a centerpiece for a vegetable tray.
This idea is great for entertaining during the holidays. Depending on the colors and the arrangement, you can use vegetable candles for Christmas or Hanukkah. These carved vegetable candle arrangements can also be used year ’round for birthdays or any other special occasion.
If you are making a Menorah for Hanukkah, make sure to use 9 candles rather than 7 as show in this video.
Click here see how to make the twisty vegetable candles. They are super simple to make.
To see how one student/customer created her own Menorah made of vegetable candles, click here.
Here are the written instructions on how to make a vegetable candle arrangement
- Make some vegetable twirls using the Twisty Twirl tool. You can use root vegetables like beets, carrots, turnips, diakon, jicama, or sweet potatoes. I’ll be using daikon.
- Once you’ve make your vegetable twirls, Place some cut potatoes on a platter
to form the base.
- Insert toothpicks into the bottom of the vegetable twirls. Then you can stick
them into the potato base.
- But first, add some curly kale or lettuce to hide the potatoes.
- Now you can stick the candles into the potato base. If you are making
a menorah to celebrate Hanukkah, make sure to use 9 candles.
- Add ordinary birthday candles. And you have a finished vegetable
candle arrangement. It’s that simple.
To see how to make the vegetable twirls, watch a short video by clicking here.