In today’s blog post, I am going to show you how using my new transfer pattern paper makes carving designs into melons and pumpkins SOOOO much easier. In my last blog post, I showed you a couple of celebrity portraits I carved in watermelon. I mentioned the transfer pattern paper as being super helpful.
Not only does this transfer pattern paper let you get to the fun part – carving – faster, it gives you a more clear and detailed pattern to follow. You will see what mean when you take a look at this short video.
Here is How the Transfer Pattern Paper Works
The basic steps are as follows:
- Each set of transfer pattern paper comes with 2 different sheets. Print your pattern on the the semi-gloss side of the special transfer paper.
- When you pattern is dry, peel the backing off the clear acetate sheet of the transfer pattern paper and stick the sheet to your pattern.
- Trim the access off your pattern
- Lift away the clear sheet leaving a sticky adhesive layer on your printed pattern.
- Attach your sticky printed pattern to your melon or pumpkin.
- Cover for 2 minutes with a wet towel.
- Pull away the wet paper leaving your pattern stuck the the surface of your watermelon 0r pumpkin.
- Carve your pattern.
You can see the steps better in the video. I’ve just listed them here in case you don’t have a few minutes to watch the video. But I highly recommend that you do watch the video.
This video is about the transfer paper, not how to make a portrait pattern. That is more than can fit in this short demonstration. If you want to learn to carve portriats, you’ll love my Pumpkin Carving Portrait Course. The concepts taught in these lessons can also be applied to watermelons.
Anyway, if you like the idea of saving time transferring your pattern AND having a more clear, easy to see pattern to carve, you can get transfer paper from my online shop.
Get Your Fruit Carving Transfer Pattern Paper
You can also get your sets of transfer pattern paper by clicking on one of these ‘Add To Cart” buttons below.
|5 sheets of Transfer Pattern Paper – $16.97|
|10 sheets of Transfer Pattern Paper – $29.97|
If you enjoy carving watermelons or pumpkins with graphic patterns, I know that you will LOVE this new transfer pattern paper. Now that I have been using this transfer paper over the past few months, I never want to waste my time poking dots again.
If you are not already carving watermelons or pumpkins with graphic patterns, just think of the possibilities – birthdays, graduations, retirement parties, anniversaries, weddings and more. Your loved ones and clients will love your carvings. And you can make it faster and easier with this remarkable transfer pattern paper.