The ability to carve letters and words is one of the most versatile vegetable and fruit carving skills that you can have. It enables you to delight and honor your friends, family and clients with personalized carved watermelons, pumpkins and other fruits and vegetables at any celebration. Watermelons carved with letters, words and phrases are perfect for making centerpieces and buffet table arrangements for birthdays, weddings, wedding anniversaries, or any other type of anniversary or special event with a guest of honor.
These lessons are intended for anyone interested in fruit and vegetable carving from brand new beginners to experienced carvers who want to add this type of carving to their set of skills.
I can’t tell you how much you’re work and dvds have inspired me. Thank you for leading the way in carving and teaching me (virtually of course) so much.
Have a wonderful day,
Patrick O’Brien – North Carolina, Chef and (now) pro carver
Letter and Word Carving skills that you will learn in these lessons can be applied to carving all sorts of graphic designs as well. This is super useful when you want to carve logos for corporate meetings or charity events. You can also have fun carving graphic designs and cartoon characters to suit any party theme.
You’ll discover that you can also use your new found carving skills to carve words and designs onto pumpkins and other fruits and vegetables. You’ll have fun experimenting will the all the possibilities. (Think firm papayas, and mangoes, zucchini, butternut squash, or any fruit or vegetable where the color of the skin contrasts with the color of the flesh).
Watermelon Carving – Carving Letters and Words #1 Essential Techniques
The first set of lessons contains 1 hour and 53 minute of clear, easy to follow video instructions showing exactly how, step by step to how to carve letters and words onto watermelons. You will learn about:
- Selecting Your Watermelons
- Essential Tools Needed
- Additional Highly Recommended Tools
- Planning Your Letter Carving
- Positioning Your Melon for Best Carving
- Several Ways to Adhere Your Pattern
- Several Ways to Transfer Your Pattern
- Biggest Secret to Successful Fruit Carving
- Hand Position for Accurate Carving – Important
- Techniques for Accurately Removing Rind Around Letters
- How to Effectively Carve and Smooth Your Backgrounds
- Bad Habit to Avoid
- Common Mistakes, How to Avoid, How to Fix
- How to “Fancy Up” Plain Letters
- How to Store Your Carvings so that they will look their best when time to display.
- Arranging a Beautiful Display
- Simple, Secret Ways to Securely Position Your Melons For Display – that you can always easily change if you change your mind.
Watermelon Carving – Carving Letters and Words #2 Making Patterns
Here is what you will learn in the second set of lessons that contain 1 hour and 55 minutes of step-by-step instructions.
- How to make professional looking carvings
- How to make your own patterns using several different free and easy software programs.
- How to plan your carving
- Which fonts are great for carving
- How to use the Transfer Pattern Paper for faster, easier more accurate carving
- How to use 2 more commonly available software programs for making patterns.
- Secrets to successfully carving cursive and fine fonts.
Watermelon Carving – Carving Letters and Words #3 – Pumpkins and Graphics
With your new pumpkin carving skills, Autumn may before your favorite time of year for creative fun. Here is what you will learn in the third set of lessons that contain 1 hour and 20 minutes of step-by-step instructions.
- How to make professional looking carvings on pumpkins.
- How to carve graphic designs
- How to use the time saving Pattern Transfer Fabric
- When to use the Pattern Transfer Fabric versus the Pattern Transfer Paper
- In what order to carve your letters and designs for best results
- Making repairs to carvings if needed
- How to light your pumpkin for best looking effect.
- Storing your carved pumpkins and what to do to make them last as long as possible, even up to 11 days.
If you have seen my other melon carving video instructions, you are already familiar with the quality and detail of my video lessons. You will get a clearer more close up view than having a front row seat in a live class. You’ll get easy to follow detailed instructions and explanations. You’ll never miss out on any of the instructions (as can happen in live classes) and you can always play back your video to refresh your memory. The chapters make it easy to find the exact instructions that you may want to review. These 2 sets of video lessons totaling 3 hours and 48 minutes are comparable to getting 2 full live classes.
Once you know how to carve letters and words, you’ll have fun carving all sorts of graphic designs and logos. You are sure to hear ooohhs, aaaahhhs and WOWs.
WARNING: Once people see what you can do, friends, family, church members and others you know will be begging you to carve for their special events. This has happened to many of my student / customers. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;~)
Hello Nita, I want to thank you for your videos and lessons, I have learn a lot. I have been carving for some time now, and I found that your lessons are very informative, I found specially helpful when you include some “mistakes” that can happen and how to fix them 🙂
Yolanda Diaz – Florida
I just started fruit carving and I am enjoying it very much. I accidentally stumbled upon your videos and just love your approach and explanations. You are an absolute inspiration.
Thank you very much again for helping me. I enjoy watching your videos and looking forward to learn more from your other DVDs.
Rowena Rowena Kit Yee Tam – United Kingdom
Get your Carving Letters and Words #1 , #2 and #3
video lessons now.
DVDs come with online access so that you can start learning before your DVDs arrive.
ONLINE only version
In both the DVD and the online lessons, the video content is the same and chapters are clearly marked in sections so that you can easily find and review any chapter at any time.
You can see the tools that are recommended for these lessons by clicking on the “Additional Information” tab above the “Product Description” or look in the section below titled, “Related Products”.
P.S. Ooohs and Aaaahs are guaranteed. If you are not absolutely thrilled with the clarity of my lessons teaching how to carve letters and words,and the responses that you get from your friends family and guests, I will refund your money in full. That’s right, you’ve got no risk at all. If you don’t like my course, cancel within a 60 days and I will refund you in full.
I Look forward to “seeing” you in the lessons.
HAPPY CARVING! – Nita Gill
“Thank you…for the fun and easy way you teach your lessons.” Rose Flores – California
“Your videos are the best, and I like the fact your took all the guess work out … very informational.”Deborah Beeler – Iowa
“I thank You for all that you … taught in these easy to follow demonstrations…I do get the WOW’sand OMG!!! , and more with the displays. I give away most to very grateful people. And lastly, thank you for making mistakes, I learn from them…I do also. I will, and always will, learn from mine also.
…my imagination just goes wild and sometimes the hands can’t keep up. It’s fun all the same. The DVD’s are such a great idea as I refer to them for a refresher course
Blessings, Sue Bettridge – Australia.”
…the videos are very very helpful and very informative!! thanks for the great lessons Nita!!
Laura Maguire – South Africa”