Want to dress up your soups and salads with unexpected and pretty carrot flowers? In this video lesson, I’ll show you 3 ways to make easy carrot flower garnishes. Whether you have special tools or not, you’ll be able to make these simple carrot garnishes.
In the third method that I show in the video, you’ll see how you can make lots of purple carrot flowers in less than 30 seconds. That’s right. It will take you only 30 seconds or less to make them.
In this video lesson, you will see 3 different ways to do vegetable carving to make carrot flower garnishes
- The first way, you will see how to make red carrot flowers without any special tools. Use these pretty carrot garnishes in soups.
- The second way shows you how to make yellow carrot flowers faster by using a v-cutter tool and a mandolin. These carrot flowers are perfect for brightening up salads.
- The third method shows you how to make lots of purple carrot flower garnishes in 21 seconds.
- You’ll see how to curl your carrot flowers to that they look more like real flowers.
- You see how you can use your carrot garnishes.
- You’ll learn how far in advance you can make them and how to best store them.
How to Get Tools and Rainbow Carrots to Make Carrot Flowers
You can get the U-V tools and the Wavy Peeler used in this lesson, in the tools section of our Online Shop. Just click on the highlighted names of each product in these paragraphs to get to the product page. You can also click the links in the video to get to the product pages.
If you like this lesson, you might just love my Vegetable and Fruit Carving 101 Course for Beginners and our other video lessons that we have available in our Shop.
The carrots that I used in this video are rainbow carrots. They are available at farmer’s markets, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Sprouts and other stores that carry specialty product. Lately, it seems that they are becoming more available in regular grocery stores, too.
Whatever color carrots you use, and whichever way you choose to make them, have fun making your own easy carrot flower garnishes.
P.S. You can get the mandolin that I used in this video at Amazon.com. Here is the link. Kyocera CSN-202-RD Adjustable Mandoline Slicer, Red
And here is the image: